SSC 2016-2017 Board Members
Shari Balisi Manalang (Principal)
Jorge Goncalves (Teacher)
John Oberschelp (Parent)
Luis Dominguez (Student/Chair)
John Dimas (Student)
Pamela Amaechi (Student)
Precious Amaechi (Student)
Betty Hom (Counselor)
Jack Doyle (Teacher)
Daniel Stingle (Teacher)
George Ishikata (Teacher)
Georgia McNamara (Parent)
Lily Mok (Community Member)
Jennifer De Luca (Parent)
The Abraham Lincoln High School (ALHS) SSC will follow State guidelines and be consistent with policies of the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD). The SSC is expected to:
- Advise the school regarding the planning, budgeting, implementation, and evaluation of the School Site Plan. (See California Education Code Section 52853.)
- Study and refine the School Site Plan (also known as the Balanced Scorecard) to meet the educational needs and learning styles of all students. At ALHS, the needs of SFUSD targeted student groups will be specifically addressed, with appropriate support for African-American, Latino. Pacific Islander (particularly Samoan), English learner, special education, and other students whom data indicate would benefit from additional assistance. The School Site Plan will include staff development activities to enhance and strengthen these efforts.
- Support the following goals of SFUSD:
► Access and Equity: Making social justice a reality.
► Student Achievement: Engaging high- achieving and joyful
►Accountability: Keeping our promises to schools and families.
(Refer to the SFUSD Strategic Plan for details).
- Support the role of parents and caregivers as the first and foremost teachers and provide opportunities for their collaboration and participation in the intellectual, social, and physical development of students.
- Take other actions as required by the California Education Code (EC).